So my previous post on vampires got me thinking about what the next big UF creature should be. The Onion claims it should be Minotaurs. Penny Arcade says it should be mummies. I think we should give a few other critters a chance to shine. So here are a handful of creatures that I haven’t seen in urban fantasy novels. Click on the creature’s name to learn more and then vote for your fave.
- Chupacabra – He’s a four-foot tall reptilian who sucks the blood out of goats.
- Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch – Come on, you all know this guy and he hasn’t had any love since Harry and the Hendersons
- Jackalope – He’s more than just a fixture at the Longhorn Steakhouse.
- Mapinguary – He’s a bipedal giant sloth. What’s not to love?
- Wendigo – A cannibalistic spirit who can possess humans. Don’t worry about him getting cold feet, ladies, because they’ve already frozen & fallen off.