Tag – You’re Itangel haze apps aquaman batman bitly blog hop book tour Caulborn character evolution chuck wendig chupacabra dialog doug dorow fantasy Gearstripper green lantern halloween heroes how-to Imperium jackalope jl murphey justice league Krampusnacht lisa mccourt hollar mapinguary nerdscape nina perez reviews rob cornell sasquatch scrivener self publishing six sentence sunday star trek survey urban fantasy vampire vampires vincent corinthos wendigo weston kincade wordpress writing writing prompt
Tag Archives: jackalope
Okay, so the results of my poll are in, and the next big creature in urban fantasy is… a tie between the Jackalope and the Wendigo. So let’s have a writing prompt featuring these two fine fellows. Write a story that includes a jackalope and a wendigo. Bonus points if you make the jackalope into a wendigo. (If you’ve ever played D&D, just think of the wendigo as a template that you apply to the jackalope). Have fun!
So my previous post on vampires got me thinking about what the next big UF creature should be. The Onion claims it should be Minotaurs. Penny Arcade says it should be mummies. I think we should give a few other critters a chance to shine. So here are a handful of creatures that I haven’t seen in urban fantasy novels. Click on the creature’s name to learn more and then vote for your fave.
- Chupacabra – He’s a four-foot tall reptilian who sucks the blood out of goats.
- Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch – Come on, you all know this guy and he hasn’t had any love since Harry and the Hendersons
- Jackalope - He’s more than just a fixture at the Longhorn Steakhouse.
- Mapinguary – He’s a bipedal giant sloth. What’s not to love?
- Wendigo - A cannibalistic spirit who can possess humans. Don’t worry about him getting cold feet, ladies, because they’ve already frozen & fallen off.